Sunday, June 15, 2008

pray hard...


tomorrow is the big day. my little sister's brain surgery. for months we have been dealing with the awful tumor and tomorrow is going to be the end of all that. we are believing that 
"through His stripes we were healed"
the amazing part of that scripture is that it's past tense.  i believe that scripture for everyone who is "afflicted" with any kind of infirmity. but this is my sister!! i want facts, statistics, likelihoods, past experiences, everything that will give me hope! the doctors have been anything but definitive with her outcome. therefore, i must depend on her Creator. he has given me all of those things but yet i struggle with wanting to "see" what will happen and not depend on being certain of we don't see. i have never wanted control of something so bad in all of my life. for those of you who know me well, control is something i like to have most of the time. nothing has compared to this and knowing that my role is to surrender has been so difficult. 

please pray all day tomorrow. we don't have a schedule for her surgery yet. it is all based on tests and that kind of stuff so just pray all day. thanks...

1 comment:

Carolynn said...

We are praying! Update if you can! LOVE YOU ALL!