Friday, June 27, 2008

nina's visit

what a week! bekah, nina, and my mum left for johnstown yesterday. it was so sad, when max woke up from his nap he asked me "is nina still sleeping? shhhh!" i told him that she went to johnstown he started crying. it was heart breaking. he recovered though when i told him that we were going swimming. we then celebrated chris' birthday with his family. we had a fun relaxing night. it was the first night we hadn't been in the hospital for 2 weeks. my poor mum, she didn't leave the hospital but to sleep.

bekah is sore but seems so much better. spending time with nina was such an eye-opening experience. she is so strong willed. my mum always says that she's a lot like me...she is really outgoing and loves people...me too :)...but wow this week, we went rounds. she is demanding...me too....when i was pregnant with max, we went on a family vacation and i was in the back seat on the trip down. i kept saying "hot!" when i was uncomfortable and the air conditioning would get turned up to high. well, my bald brother was driving and he at one point said to olga, "my forehead is numb from the ac." i still get teased about that. WELL, nina does that stuff. it was definitely a taste of my own medicine. whew. i always knew i loved her for a reason. she is me....

in the midst of the chaos, i had another doctor's appt and heard the heartbeat. it was terrific. i just love that wooshing sound. i'll go back at 18 weeks and then have my ultrasound at the beginning of august. really exciting....

i'm in two weddings, august and november. i'm so hoping that i look ok in the dresses....

thanks again for alll the support you guys have given over the past few weeks. i got more VM's and texts than ever before. thanks, we truly felt so supported. a woman told us that bekah was the most popular person at her church. she belongs to several prayer groups and bekah was the focus of all of them. incredible. thanks....
 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Isn't it so cool to hear the heartbeat for the first time! Not too long and you'll start feeling those little flutters!