Wednesday, June 25, 2008

my sista

last night bekah noticed that she was "seeping" from her incision. at 430 this morning they discovered that she was leaking cerebral spinal fluid. she was sooo upset. she had been desperate to check out today at noon and go home. she was as low as i've ever seen her. she was really cynical and hopeless. she was moody and really grouchy. she didn't sleep for almost 24 hours. 

so we cried out to God for mercy and He provided more than we could have ever imagined. she feels amazing! she is happy and cheerful and full of life. she has not been this way for months!! she said "i knew God was telling to get my head on straight! so i stopped crying and went into surgery with a level head and they didn't have to overmedicate me." she says that she had an amazing meal (hospital food?!?!) and she has a newly remodeled fancy single room. she really is doing amazing. 

i was nervous that she would be in a lot of pain today but she's not at all....praise Him for giving her the comfort necessary to get her through this tumultuous time. 

Psalm 31

"To you, O LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:

"What gain is there in my destruction,
in my going down to the pit?
will the dust praise you?
will it proclaim your faithfulness?

Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help"

You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to YOU forever.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Praise the Lord! He is good and faithful to his people! Glad to hear that Bekah is doing better and that her outlook has changed! We will continue to keep her in our prayers.

Carolynn said...

Praise Him! That's is so amazing! I've been praying for her and all of you all day!