Thursday, October 2, 2008

working in middle school...

i work with middle school students all day. this is my second year doing that...i LOVE those kids. they are such a neat, amazing, HORMONAL group of people...that being said, articles like this, baffle me more than ever now. the maturity level, in my opinion, could not allow attraction. these poor students are being abused by their teachers in the "name of love" and it's forever distorting their view of relationships. the woman in the aforementioned article said, "We (translation "I") didn't see age anymore...in my mind he quit being a teenage boy...to me, he was a man." this inspired chris to say "it doesn't matter what she saw....what matters is what it was."

OK not profound...pretty obvious...but it immediately caused me to log in and delete my quote at the top of my page from anais nin..side note.....i LOVE her. she has amazing quotes and as we have been contemplating names...that one is a lead dog (a-NYE-iss) but i hesitate because of her "other writings"....questionable at best....granted that does not determine our daughter's future buuut....in ASL when you name a child they say "is she named in honor of" (rough translation but more accurate than "named after".) BACK TO THE QUOTE...it was "things are not as they are but as we see them"....it sounded a little off to me but i still liked it...i chose the route of perspective instead of realitivity...chris hated it...so NOW i see clearly why....

that was a huuuuge ramble but i had to get it out before i got ready to see my MS kids...

No comments: