Saturday, September 20, 2008

a moment of peace...

max is sick...he has a double case of pink eye, a never ending dripping, running nose, and he is GROUCHY!!! he is such a typically pleasant child...with the exception of 

"No! I'm not eating my pancakes" (inserts pancake into mouth and chews) "
or
"No I don't wanna put my shoes on" (as he's putting them on)
or 
(my personal favorite)
"No...I don't want any ice cream. wait, mama yes I do."

that is tolerable for the most part, typically we just ignore it. but when he's sick he whines everything repeatedly and he wipes his nose on my arm and tells me that "I don't love you today mama." (thanks for that sweet children's book from the library! when i remember the title i'll warn you all!!!) it can be slightly overwhelming. especially since i don't feel super great today myself and i have to face the daunting task of collecting some papers that we needed last week. ugh, its tough to depend on other people. i'm tired. it's beautiful outside and we are all congested and inside. tonite we are doing something fun-ish. like drive past our new house and long for a month from now when we'll develop carpal tunnel from signing papers and becoming official home owners....

generally speaking aside from this yucky sicky time. we are all doing well. max is having a much better time at his biweekly preschool and he has been having the time of his life when they listen to music and dance. i got him the most fabulous little bag that looks like a dumptruck, to the average human eye, but he is quick to inform you that it is "actually a site dumper." 

the difference...i don't know but it's definitely big for him...

chris although still hating the bank is making the necessary moves towards graduate school in the fall. he wants to get his MFA in creative writing/poetry so he can teach on a college level. it's such a process to get through but he's doing it...he's writing some good stuff....i'm going to post one of my favorite poems of his called "i wanna be in a bar fight." it's fabulous...he also, has started running again. for those of you who may not know, he had a stress fracture in his shin for about 2 months now. he was suffering a lot but still averaging about 30 miles a week running. he also was biking to work so it was becoming increasingly more painful. well, he's almost healed and back to running again. he's so happy...

as for me, the control freak can not delegate any responsibilities about collecting papers for the final work...so i'm exhausted from it and frustrated with myself for not sharing the load better with chris. i'm starting a yoga class this week. i gotta get rid of this stress better. that helped so much with my pregnancy with wells. so hopefully, that'll be a good solution for me now too....

well, there's my "christmas letter" written in my moment of peace...i just wanted to let yins know what was going on...boring mostly but positive....

i wonder if i write this for you guys or more for myself....i feel better....

No comments: