Sunday, December 9, 2007

it is a wonderful life...

my dad and i have always loved this movie. a few weeks ago i saw that a one man show was playing in pittsburgh called "this wonderful life." i asked my dad if he wanted to go with me. my mom said that it sounded "dumb". she never talks that way so i was shocked at that reaction. they love theatre but this seemed like a lousy idea to them. long story short, chris surprised me with tickets on saturday night. i had no idea. we went to dinner with my parents and they told me that they wanted to look at the lights downtown. i was tired because we worked on the house alllll day in preparation for a HOPEFUL move soon. anyways, i just wanted to go home but didn't want to spoil my parent's dream of seeing the icerink. we parked in a garage and chris pulled out a bag of dress clothes. i finally thought perhaps something was up....we walked about 10 yards and chris turned into the theatre. i almost passed out!! merry christmas to me!! the show was AMAZING. i laughed so hard that i cried. it was hilarious because i remembered my mom saying that comment and she said that she was nervous so she overreacted. so funny...what a great day.

No comments: